Seablue Dental recognizes the absolute importance of early oral cancer detection and included screening for oral cancer during all exams.
Seablue Dental feels that all family members over 18 should be screened at least yearly. We recommend more frequent screenings when patients engage in known risk factors such as tobacco use.
The screening is a simple, painless, 3-5 minute exam. In addition to twice yearly routine dental exams and cleanings, check with your Kent dentist promptly if you or your family members experience any of the following possible signs of oral cancer
- A sore or wound that does not heal within 14 days
- An unusual lump or discoloration inside the mouth
- Any unusual pain or difficulty in chewing, speaking, or swallowing
- Wart like changes in the oral cavity
- Long lasting hoarseness
- Numbness in the mouth or face