Dental Exam & Cleaning
Dentist Kent WA
For optimal dental health, routine dental exams are essential. There is no need to be afraid of them because they are non-invasive and uncomfortable. The following are the most crucial details of dental examinations:
What To Expect Of Regular Dental Check-Ups:
- Your medical history will be discussed during the first dental check-up with your Kent, WA, dentists at Seablue Dental, and you will be required to disclose any dental and medical conditions you may have. The dentist may also inquire about your daily supplement regimen, prescriptions, and diet.
- After the talk, a general X-ray is taken to look for any hidden cavities, abscesses, or other tooth issues that might not be felt or seen. The dentist will use a hands-on examination to assess the health of your teeth and gums and look for gingivitis or other periodontal disease symptoms.
- Your dentist at Kent Seablue Dental Clinic will present you with the examination’s findings after it is over, and you will decide what to do next. In the event that cavities are found, the dentist may advise fillings or crowns; in the event that teeth are missing, they may advise bridges or implants; and in the event that there are infections, they may advise antibiotics to lessen the infection before treatment. If there are no oral health issues, the dentist may go on to a professional dental cleaning where plaque and tartar buildup are removed to reduce the likelihood of cavities and improve the appearance of teeth.
- A number of suggestions to enhance your dental health are made during the check-final up’s stage. Instructions on how to brush and floss properly are frequently given, particularly when the current regimen is ineffective.
- A comprehensive teeth cleaning usually follows a routine checkup.
- Typically, your exam appointment will last about 45 minutes. Since they already have a record of your medical history, the dentist may skip some of the aforementioned tasks during your following checkups. Instead, they will revisit the trouble spots to note their advancement. Additionally, they will provide you feedback on how you used their suggestions and make suggestions for any adjustments or changes to your regular dental care regimen.
How Often Should You Visit Your Kent Dentist?
It’s advisable to have a dental examination every six months. The typical interval between two checkups is six months, however your Kent dentist may adjust this interval based on the state of your teeth. For instance, if your teeth and gums are healthy and there hasn’t been a lot of plaque buildup between appointments, the dentist might consent to one yearly checkup.
On the other hand, high-risk patients can require three or even four additional annual checkups. Those who fit this description are:
- Smokers and tobacco chewers among patients
- Expecting mothers
- Individuals with diabetes
- Individuals with gum disease
- Patients with abnormal tartar and plaque buildup
- Individuals with inadequate infection resistance
For a customized plan, you should discuss your checkup frequency with the dentist. Visit our office for a dental checkup to avoid the discomfort of infections or other severe issues. We promise to keep your teeth in good condition and provide you a beautiful smile. It is impossible to overstate the value of regular dental exams and cleaning.